Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) has released a list of top tax payers in the financial year 2018-2019 and it is good news for conglomerate Ruparelia Group. URA however doesn’t give amounts each respective firm remitted in taxes.
According to URA, Meera Investment Limited, a real estate subsidiary of Ruparelia Group, topped the list of Non-Individual Rental Income Taxpayers while the Group’s owner, Dr. Sudhir Ruparelia, came second on the list of Individual Rental Income taxpayers.
Meera Investment, on the list Non-Individual Rental Income Taxpayers, was followed by Golf Course Group Limited, BIDCO Uganda Limited, British American Tobacco Uganda and The Jubilee Investments Company to make the top five.
Meera Investments has since 1994 been in the business of building and maintaining commercial, residential properties as well as several warehouses in Uganda and beyond.
Dr. Ruparelia, was came second behind Alnasir Virani Gulam Hussein Habib while Mohammed Hussein, Virani Amin and Nakayima Janat were third, fourth and fifth respectively on the list of Individual Rental Income taxpayers.
Under Ruparelia Group, Dr. Ruparelia has invested in the finance, real estate, entertainment, hospitality, tourism, insurance, education, floriculture and labour externalization. All these business remit millions in taxes to URA.
Latest from Earth Finds
- Most Hard Hit African Countries Amid COVID-19 And Oil Price Plunge Named
- Meera Investments Wants Finance Minister To Suspend Tax Amendment Bills 2020 Over Coronavirus
- Centre For Budget & Tax Policy Has Suggested These Fiscal Measures To Help Govt During COVID-19
- Museveni Finally Replaces Scandal Burdened Kasekende
- Kingfisher ESIA Certificate Won’t Conserve Environment & Livelihoods