The management of 88.2 Sanyu FM yesterday unveiled the top 20 contestants in the ongoing Sanyu FM Hot Mic talent search. The 20 were selected from 50 contestants who had made the semifinals.
The Sanyu FM Programs Director Roger Mugisha unveiled the top 20 contestants to the media at Crane Chambers rooftop. The contestants have been undergoing training and mentorship.
Mugisha says the radio management realized the need to mentor potential candidates for radio in an era where presenters seem to be recycled from one station to another.
Mugisha explained that young people are not mentored to take over from those that have been in the industry for so long.
In a bid to scoop some of the raw, undiscovered talent in the country, Sanyu FM are on a talent searching contest dubbed Hot Mic to get the best 10 next radio presenters.
The winner of ‘Hot mic search will take home cash prize worth Shs3 million as well as a presenter job on a two-year contract offer. Sanyu FM Hot Mic search goes to top 20.
Latest from Earth Finds
- TripAdvisor Awards ‘Best of the Best’ Speke Resort Munyonyo
- Incorporate Raised Gender Sensitivity Issues In EACOP ESIA Report
- Save Forests & Wetlands To Avoid Human-Animal Conflicts
- Chevron's E. Guinea, Cameroon Entry Could Be Turning Point for Central Africa's Gas Industry
- Climate Financing By Leading Multilateral Development Banks Tops $61.6bn