A close associate of socialite Sheila Don Zella, real name Sheila Nadege, Jeremiah Ojok has been arrested by police with fake US Dollars and is under custody, Kampala Metropolitan Police Deputy Spokesperson Luke Owoyesigyire said in a statement on Wednesday.
This comes hours after the socialite claimed that she was robbed of property and cash in foreign currency worth Shs461m from her rented apartment at Speke Apartments Wampewo. CCTV cameras however captured the two indulging at the posh apartment, with each taking time to visit the other’s room.
Don Zella instead of taking care of the mess accused and dragged Speke Apartment to court for negligence and demanded through the suit that she is paid Shs462 as compensation. No investigations have led to the arrest of her friend.
“Police at Jinja Road is holding a one Adome Jeremy/Ojok Jeremiah, 36, for allegedly stealing 80,000 USD (over Shs300m) from Room number 107 at Speke Apartments, Wampewo, police said in a statement.
“The money was allegedly stolen belonged to socialite Sheila Don Zella alias Sheila Nandege, 36, who had booked the apartment for 30 days on the December 5th, 2020.
Latest from Earth Finds
- Rajiv Ruparelia Writes To Cabinet With Post-Covid19 Economic Recovery Proposes
- Youth Participation Key In A Green Environmentally Developed Uganda
- Uganda’s Energy & Climate Crisis Can Be Addressed Through NDCs Implementation
- Be Mindful Of Our Environment As We Decide Our Leaders
- AKSA Power Generation Is growing Rapidly In African Market