Victoria University has announced that basketball legend Flavia Oketcho, also known among the basketball fraternity as Flirsh, the new Dean of Students.
Oketcho, who is the current captain of the national female basketball team The Gazelles, comes to Victoria University at a time the education sector is battling to recover from the negative impacts of the COVID19 pandemic.
She will be responsible to ensure that the university retains the current students and that new ones are recruited. The student welfare and academic excellence of students and the university is also her responsibility.
Oketcho, is the most decorated female basketballer in Uganda having started out in the game in 2001 with Lady Bucks as a teen.
The former Kitante Hill and Makerere College student has won league titles with Lady Bucks, UCU Lady Canons, KCCA Leopards and JKL Lady Dolphins.
She graduated with a Bachelor’s in Mass Communication (majoring in Marketing and PR) from Uganda Christian University in Mukono. She is an entrepreneur, TV Presenter and marketing consultant.
Latest from Earth Finds
- Waste Dumping Threatens Lake Victoria
- Free Connection Alone Won’t Increase Electricity Access; Off Grid Solar Offers Better Option
- Invest In Clean Renewable Energy To Fight Climate Change
- Electricity & Debt: Does Government Have An Escape Route?
- Ministry Of Energy Should Amend The Electricity Act 1999 To Curb Power Theft