Rema emerged the overall winner in the MTN Callertunez Awards 2015 with 350,487 downloads. The awards were launched last year in July to reward artistes whose music is consumed most by listeners in form of MTN Callertunez.
The Awards included monthly recognition of artistes with the most downloaded CallerTunez every month and customers with the most CallerTunez downloads. The artiste with most downloads received Ugx 2.5m and customers who downloaded the most CallerTunez received awesome prizes from Huawei and MTN Mobile Money worth Ugx 100,000 to other eleven customers.
Rema’s single Mchuzi was one of the most popular CallerTunez amongst customers from the time the awards were launched and she won most of the monthly CallerTunez prizes.
With a vision of delivering a bold new digital world, MTN is focusing on changing society through digital innovations like the MTN CallerTunez Awards. Caller tunes, also known as CRBTs. are wildly becoming revenue earner for artistes, complementing other revenue streams like concerts and album sales.
On the other hand, customers are also fast adapting to this new style of consuming music and other audio content. MTN recognizes this new thirst and is thus providing a platform that satisfies this need by providing the platform for the artistes to supply and the customers to consume the content respectively.
While addressing the media and guests at the finale of the MTN CallerTunez Awards Ms. Mapula Bodibe, the MTN Chief Marketing Officer, commented. “Phones have become a channel through which we’re delivering other customer needs like entertainment, over and above the traditional voice, in simple and affordable ways”.
She added that MTN CallerTunez have made strong gains at a time when CD sales are waning and paving way for Digital Content consumption with CRBTs being one of the major revenue streams for industry stakeholders.”
Today MTN Uganda is rewarding eight (8) outstanding artistes in different categories and each receives the MTN CallerTunez Award and a cash prize of two million, five hundred thousand Uganda shilling. “We are very grateful to all our customers who have embraced this service and for the support you have given us and the artistes. We recognise the hard work artistes.
put in to make the content and appreciate the fans, who are our customers for consuming the music,” concluded Ms. Mapula
The 2015 MTN CallerTunez artistes and category winners are;
- Most Downloaded Zouk & Band - Mchuzi by Rema Namakula.
- Most Downloaded RnB - Neera by Radio and Wease
- Most Downloaded Religious - Nali Manyi by Mirembe Catherine.
- Most Downloaded Afro-Beat & Afro-Pop - Manya by David Lutalo.
- Most Downloaded Dancehall & Ragga - Friendly Match by Ziza Bafana ft. Zanie Brown.
- Most Downloaded Reggae - African Gal by Bebe Cool.
- Most Downloaded Hip-Hop - Broken English by Gravity Omutujju.
- Most Downloaded Traditional - Balemeddwa okwekolera by Vincent Segawa.
MTN CallerTunez Factsheet;
MTN CallerTunez is a service which allows an MTN mobile customer to personalize the conventional ring-back tone that the calling party will hear while waiting for the called party to accept the call.
MTN has made it possible for the subscriber to personalize this tone with interesting content including music, personal recordings and other audio content of the customers’ choice. Types of CallerTunez include music, comedy skits and other sound bites.
MTN launched the MTN CallerTunez service in April 2010 which is currently subscribed by over 1,400,000 customers.
To subscribe to MTN CallerTunez;
- SMS the word Join to 170 or dial *170*1# or visit mtn.co.ug/callertunez for details.
Latest from Earth Finds
- Illicit Gold Trade Thrives With Impunity In DR Congo
- Republic Of Congo Scores Meaningful Implementation Of EITI Standards
- Culture Holding Back Women & This Must Be Fought – Panelists
- Meera Investments Sues FBW Over Failed Kabira Country Club Contract
- Bugoma Forest: Detained Journalists Get Police Bond