Delhi Public School International Learners Get Career Guidance From UK, Canada Universities
- Written by Kayla Namulondo
- Published in Events
- 0 comments
Many times, young students make wrong academic choices especially when it comes to the courses they are to study at university. These wrongly chosen courses equally lead these students to careers they don’t like or have talents to excel.
To avoid, Delhi Public School International (DPSI), the only international school in Uganda teaching India’s acclaimed Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), had representatives of universities from the UK and Canada offer their career guidance to their students.
“Our students having one on one Career Guidance sessions with representatives from various universities in Canada and the UK. This Career Guidance Fair was organized at DPSI by S3 Education,” DPSI posted on social media with pictures of the career guidance sessions.
Delhi Public School International said that as an international school they have an obligation to prepare their students to be able to make the right academic choices and for that matter, they have engaged some of the best international universities in the world to share their experiences.
DPSI, a member of the Ruparelia Group, also involves parents ‘in the school planning process because students develop better social skills and improved behaviour when their parents are involved at school.’
“Our school prides itself on the balanced education it provides, the world-class facilities on offer, high moral standards and the fact that our students strive for excellence in all spheres of school life,” the school in a public statement.
DPSI as a school is both modern and forward-looking, yet remains close to the values on which it was founded.
It has recently invested in world-class laboratories ‘because combining classroom teaching with laboratory experiments ensures students interact directly with the data gathered to get a first-hand learning experience.’
“At Delhi Public School International Kampala, we try to recognize the imperative of imparting an educational experience that is world-class in every respect and which prepares children for global citizenship.
We believe that a curriculum of excellence with a global dimension is central to the education of children to face the challenges of the 21st century with confidence and strength of character,” the school said.
- Police Officers Get Oil & Gas Protection Training
- How New Life Schools Buwaidha Is Planning To Uplift Education In Buyende District
- School Teacher Flees Over Threats
- Lack of climate adaptation investment could cost emerging markets hundreds of billions by 2030
- Sharp, Long-Lasting Slowdown To Hit Developing Countries Hard
Latest from Kayla Namulondo
- Uganda Makes Increases In Solar Power Energy Generation
- World Class Stadium To Be Constructed On Land Kololo SS Uses As Playground
- Victoria University Explains Relationship With Bad Black
- Uganda Law Society, Crane Management Services Sign Rental MoU
- For A Refined & Stylish Retreat This Ramadan Think Speke Resort