Leela Foundation Uganda, the philanthropic arm of Tirupati Development (U) Limited, is mourning the death of Mrs Leelaben Maganbhai Barot.
Mrs Barot, 94, has been the mother of Harshad Barot, the founder of Tirupati. She died on Wednesday 8th June 2023 in Kampala.
A statement released by the family said they are grieved by the loss of their beloved mother. “Mother of Shri Harshadbhai Maganllal Barot has left this material body and departed for heavenly abode,” it said.
A family source said Leela Foundation, an NGO that supports old people, was created to celebrate the deceased. Thousands of elderly people have benefited from the Foundation’s generosity.
Leela Foundation has supported old people in Kampala, Jinja Karamoja, Mbale and other parts of the country. The Third Deputy Prime Minister, Rukia Nakadama recognized Leela Foundation for helping old people in the country.
Latest from Earthfinds
- Why You Should Not Cook Or Eat Food Cooked In Polythene & Other Plastics
- CSOs Urged To Amplify Voices Promoting Mercury Free Dentistry
- AFIEGO's Report Accuses EACOP Of Impoverishing Project Affected Persons
- Compensation Of EACOP PAPs To Be Completed First Quarter Of Next Year
- Catholic Journalists In Africa Commit To Protect And Save Earth