The revenue of Rosenergoatom, the Rosatom subsidiary tasked with operating Russian nuclear power stations, reached a record $7.01 billion (453.3 billion roubles) in 2019.
In 2019, total revenue from the sale of electric energy generated by Russian nuclear power plants increased by 17.5% on the year, while total nuclear power generation amounted to 208.8 billion kWh, a 2.2% increase on the year.
Today, Rosenergoatom is the largest power generator in Russia and the second largest in the world in terms of nuclear generating capacity, an important player in the global nuclear power industry, which is successfully developing and embracing a largescale digital transformation.
The share of electricity produced by Russian nuclear power plants in the national energy system in 2019 amounted to 19.4%, with every fifth light bulb in Russia powered by energy generated by nuclear power plants.
Latest from Earth Finds
- NEMA Needs To Improve Draft ESIA Regulations
- Why Uganda May Not Escape The Oil And Gas Curse
- Sanyu FM Rewards Employee Who Walked To Work During Lockdown With Motorcycle
- Sanyu FM Unveils Hot Mic Search Top 50 Semi Finalists
- Energy Ministry Must Change Electricity Sector Investment Strategy To Reduce Financial Losses