Victoria University students through their association Health Science Students Association In Victoria University and members of staff delivered an assortment of gifts to children under the care of Sanyu Babies Home
Daphne Kyampiire, the president of this association together with Guild President Mariah Peggy Nabunya and Miss Victoria University 2017 and 2018 led a delegation of students to deliver items like items pampers, baby wipes, porridge, milk, washing detergent, vaseline, soap, toilet paper and baby’s clothes.
They also engaged in activities like washing of baby’s clothes, painting with babies and interacted with the babies. They toured the home and visited the babie’s nursery, kitchen, laundry room and sorting room for clothes. Below are pictures captured.
For 82 years now, Sanyu Babies Home, founded by Milnes Winfred Walker (RIP), a former midwife at Mengo Hospital, has devoted its resources to tirelessly make the lives of abandoned children worth living.
Most, if not all, of the children under the care of Sanyu Babies Home have been abandoned by their mothers under unclear circumstances. They are mainly found on the roadside, retrieved from pit latrines, rubbish bins, ditches and any other place troubled parents find convenient to dump these innocent kids.
Latest from Earth Finds
- Bank Of Uganda Extends DFCU Bank’s Occupancy Of Sudhir’s Properties
- Why Bunyoro Needs To Focus On Development Minerals Just Like Oil And Gas
- BoU Replaces Sebalu & Lule In Case Against Meera Investments
- Tecno Launches Upgraded Spark 3 Series With AI Bright Camera
- Huawei, Makerere University To Offer Free ICT Certification Courses To Students