Every year, between October and November, the Indian community in Uganda celebrates Diwali, a Hindu festival that according to internet sources symbolises the spiritual "victory of light over darkness, good over evil and knowledge over ignorance.
The case was the same on Sunday when Indians congregated at Speke Resort in Munyonyo to kick start Diwali festival, a five day celebration, with what is now the much anticipated Diwali Food Festival.
This year, the food festival was organised under the theme ‘Come and experience the real India in Uganda’.
Indian food, drinks and music were plenty depicting the Indian rich culture. Families - parents and children - were part of a spectacle of fireworks that lit the calm Sunday evening at the shores of Lake Victoria. Diwali is celebrated with the focus of creating unity, love, reconciliation and peace.
Latest from Earth Finds
- South Sudan Encourages Refiners, Traders To Take Part In Upcoming Crude Tenders
- AfDB's Prof. Nyong Named Among World's 100 Most Influential People In Climate Policy
- 8 Worrying Things M7’s Tripartite Committee Discovered At Bank Of Uganda
- Bank Of Uganda In Trouble Over NSSF Unmet Remittances
- Great, South Africa Found Gas. Now What?