Every year, between October and November, the Indian community in Uganda celebrates Diwali, a Hindu festival that according to internet sources symbolises the spiritual "victory of light over darkness, good over evil and knowledge over ignorance.
The case was the same on Sunday when Indians congregated at Speke Resort in Munyonyo to kick start Diwali festival, a five day celebration, with what is now the much anticipated Diwali Food Festival.
This year, the food festival was organised under the theme ‘Come and experience the real India in Uganda’.
Indian food, drinks and music were plenty depicting the Indian rich culture. Families - parents and children - were part of a spectacle of fireworks that lit the calm Sunday evening at the shores of Lake Victoria. Diwali is celebrated with the focus of creating unity, love, reconciliation and peace.
Latest from Earth Finds
- Why Kampala Parents’ School Continues To Excel, Proprietors Reveal Tricks
- Production Of Oil In The Albertine Will Disrupt The Climate
- PHOTOS: Hard Work Pays For Kampala Parents PLE Candidates
- Kampala Parents’ Registers 100% PLE Performance
- Albertine Graben Should Transit To Clean And Affordable Sustainable Renewable Energy