Ugandan billionaire Sudhir Ruparelia has offered to fund journalist and lawyer Ivan Okuda’s further education the University of London in the United Kingdom.
Okuda, 27, a young astute lawyer and retired journalist, will pursue a Masters in Law (Corporate & Commercial Law) from the University of London.
“Profoundly humbled and immensely gratified for a generous contribution by Dr. Sudhir Ruparelia this afternoon for funding that will enable me to pursue a Master of Laws (Corporate & Commercial Law) from the University of London. Grateful for and moved by his generosity,” Okuda announced on his Facebook page.
Okuda is a former reporter at former Daily Monitor journalist. He went to Makerere Law School for his law degree before enrolling the Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (bar course) at the Uganda Law Development Centre. He is currently a Legal Associate of Anguria & Co. Advocates.
After graduating at Law Development Centre and qualifying as a lawyer, Okuda was selected as part of the 2019 KAS Media Africa Scholar and has been studying at the University of the Witwatersrand in South Africa.
Latest from Earth Finds
- Stanbic Dominates As Bancassurance Sees 54% Growth In Q2
- BoU To Pay Billions In Costs After Withdrawing Appeal Against Sudhir
- This Victory Is Not Just Yours, Lawyer Ssemakadde Congratulates Sudhir After BoU Withdrawals Crane Bank Appeal Case
- Global Leaders Announce Huge Push On Clean & Efficient Energy
- A More Integrative Approach Needed To Realize SDGs Agenda In Uganda