Uganda Muslim Education Association (UMEA) has awarded Vcon Construction, a company owned by Ruparelia Group, a deal to construct several housing projects at Kibuli Mosque.
Vcon construction, which emerged as the best bidders out of 14 other companies that expressed interest, will be undertaking the project through a joint venture with Ambitious Construction Company limited.
Rajiv Ruparelia the managing director of Ruparelia Group during the groundbreaking ceremony thanked Prince Kassim Nakibinge and the management of Uganda Muslim Education Association for giving Ruparelia Group an opportunity to showcase its competence.
“Ruparelia Group is extremely grateful for this opportunity to illustrate our competence and capability to deliver a high quality and standard development," Mr Rajiv said.
Residential and commercial buildings will be built on 5 acres of land donated by Prince Nakibinge to benefit the Kibuli community. Rajiv said the project will be completed in a period of one year.
Prince Kassim Nakibige while addressing the media at his home in Kibuli congratulated Ruparelia Group for having emerged as the winner of the bidding process and said that he is sure they are going to produce the best quality work.
The project, valued at UGX38 billion is funded by IsDB Bank, Saudi Arabia under Supervision of Dolsar Limited.
Latest from Earth Finds
- Conserve Environment To Absorb Gas Emissions During Oil Mining
- Huawei Uganda Announces A New Free Virtual Artificial Intelligence Study To Accelerate Training & Upskilling Of ICT Professionals
- People Whose Relatives Died Before Oil Projects Compensation Decry Continued Delay
- Buseruka Residents Irked By Poor State Of 15KM Road
- EITI Temporarily Suspends Myanmar Due To Political Instability