Billionaire businessman Dr. Sudhir Ruparalia has received his first shot of the AstraZeneca vaccine joining the accumulating number of Ugandans who have already taken the COVID jab.
Dr. Sudhir received the vaccine from UMC Victoria Hospital, the first private hospital to be accredited by the Ministry of Health to administer the Oxford AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccines.
Early this month, Uganda kicked off its first phase of the vaccination against COVID-19 with the limited 964,000 doses got through donations to be administered to high-risk groups, including frontline workers.
Dr. Sudhir joins the list of prominent people like the Health Minister, Dr.Jane Ruth Aceng , the First son Muhoozi Kainerugaba who have also taken the Covid jab.
A year after the first Covid 19 case was registered in the country; Uganda has confirmed nearly 40,500 infections and 334 deaths.
Latest from Earth Finds
- Waste Dumping Threatens Lake Victoria
- Free Connection Alone Won’t Increase Electricity Access; Off Grid Solar Offers Better Option
- Invest In Clean Renewable Energy To Fight Climate Change
- Electricity & Debt: Does Government Have An Escape Route?
- Ministry Of Energy Should Amend The Electricity Act 1999 To Curb Power Theft