Telecommunication services provider MTN Uganda has donated an assortment of foodstuff to Orphans at Midland Islamic Orphans Primary School in Kawempe to celebrate Iddi El Fitr.
The foodstuff which included Rice, cooking oil, sugar and posho were handed over to the Director of the school, Sheikh Haruna Kikulukunyo Lubwama at a function which took place at the school.
Ishmael Amwada, an MTN Employee, restated MTN’s commitment to continue identifying with the Muslim community during the important season of Ramadan. He said the company has in the past visited other mosques in and around the city with gifts as a sign of solidarity with Muslims community.
Sheikh Lubwama who received the donations on behalf of the school hailed MTN for always responding to the needs of the disadvantaged communities in the country. “We welcome your kind gesture and appeal to other corporates to emulate this remarkable spirit of sharing that MTN has continuously exhibited not only to the Muslims but also to other entities” he said.
Latest from Earth Finds
- Bank, Telecom Firm Launch Straight2Bank Wallet Collections Service
- Huawei To Build One of Five Major World Clouds
- Huawei Cloud Releases Six Innovative Solutions At Huawei Connect
- Equatorial Guinea, Burkina Faso Tie Up Liquefied Natural Gas Agreement
- Experts Considering Natural Gas Role In South Africa's Energy Mix