The Ruparelia Foundation will in the Academic year 2019/2020 give out over 1,100 scholarships to youths joining Victoria University, Watchdog Uganda has reported, quoting a letter to the ministry of education from Rajiv Ruparelia, a director of the Foundation.
The scholarships are aimed at uplifting the lives of underprivileged Ugandans especially the youth.
In a letter to the Ministry of State for Youth and Children Affairs, copied to Victoria University Council, Vice-Chancellor, Guild President and Admission’s office, Rajiv Ruperelia, the director of the Rajiv Ruperelia Youth Scholarship said that scholarships are to cover 70 per cent of the tuition fees.
The scholarships are to cater to the students who are offering the following courses; Faculty of Health Sciences (200 scholarships), Faculty of Business Management (150), Faculty of science and Technology (200), Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences (250) and lastly, Department of Petroleum and Energy Studies (300).
He noted that minimum qualification for the degree programme is two principal passes and one principal pass for the diplomas.
Latest from Earth Finds
- NEMA Approves ESIA For Tilenga Project
- Uganda Completes Deal To Export Shs600b Worth Of Marijuana
- African Energy Chamber, Oil Investors Happy With South Sudan Drive In South Africa
- Sentongo’s Haruna Enterprises Changing Face Of Markets
- Why Local & Foreign Firms Are Clamoring To Grow Marijuana In Uganda