The Ruparelia Foundation will in the Academic year 2019/2020 give out over 1,100 scholarships to youths joining Victoria University, Watchdog Uganda has reported, quoting a letter to the ministry of education from Rajiv Ruparelia, a director of the Foundation.
The scholarships are aimed at uplifting the lives of underprivileged Ugandans especially the youth.
In a letter to the Ministry of State for Youth and Children Affairs, copied to Victoria University Council, Vice-Chancellor, Guild President and Admission’s office, Rajiv Ruperelia, the director of the Rajiv Ruperelia Youth Scholarship said that scholarships are to cover 70 per cent of the tuition fees.
The scholarships are to cater to the students who are offering the following courses; Faculty of Health Sciences (200 scholarships), Faculty of Business Management (150), Faculty of science and Technology (200), Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences (250) and lastly, Department of Petroleum and Energy Studies (300).
He noted that minimum qualification for the degree programme is two principal passes and one principal pass for the diplomas.
Latest from Earth Finds
- TripAdvisor Awards ‘Best of the Best’ Speke Resort Munyonyo
- Incorporate Raised Gender Sensitivity Issues In EACOP ESIA Report
- Save Forests & Wetlands To Avoid Human-Animal Conflicts
- Chevron's E. Guinea, Cameroon Entry Could Be Turning Point for Central Africa's Gas Industry
- Climate Financing By Leading Multilateral Development Banks Tops $61.6bn