Ten out of the 24 contestants at the recently concluded Miss Tourism Uganda won themselves scholarships at Victoria University.
The university vice-chancellor Assoc. Prof. Krishna N. Sharma made the announcing at Kampala Serena Hotel during the pageant crowning.
“At Victoria University, we support beauty with brains. Such pageants help people gain confidence. And as partners of Miss Tourism Uganda, we would like to announce special scholarships for the top ten contestants,” Dr. Sharma said.
The girls will study any of the courses taught at the university.
The University has four faculties – faculty of business and management, faculty of health sciences, faculty of science and technology and faculty of social sciences.
The university also has a department of petroleum studies where it offers degrees, diplomas and short courses teaching matters of oil and gas.
Miss Tourism Uganda 2019 was won by Phionah Kyeru from Busoga sub-region. She was followed by Prossy Agwang and Jane Akullo in first and second runner up positions.
Latest from Kenj Nabirye
- AfDB Rebuts Claims It Plans To Provide Financial Support To EACOP
- This Exotic Dolphin Suites Romantic Dinner Is What You Need This Valentine's Day
- Speke Resort Presents Four Course Valentine’s Day Dinner
- Minister Namuganza's Son Scores 4 In PLE At Kampala Parents
- Inaugural Social Media Fest Gets Ruparelia Group Backing