The Kabira Country Club six-a-side corporate Football Tournament is set to take place on on 31 March at the hotel playground in Bukoto, Kampala. Registration to participate in the tournament is ongoing at a cost of Shs200, 000 per team.
The Director of Kabira Country Club Rajiv Ruparelia said the fun filled tournament is great for networking and comes with many health benefits and a lot of cash prizes will be won. The tournament is receiving technical support from Federation of Uganda Football Association (FUFA).
The one day tournaments attracts teams from different corporate institutions and celebrities to play football for fun. Last year in June, over 20 teams, including Yokuku, Bet Yetu, Midocm, Bukoto Heights, Katon Rainbow, JBM FC, Victoria University and Riham, took part in the tournament.
Prozone Soccer team won the tournament after defeating Victoria University 1-0 in the final and in the process taking the grand Prize of Shs1Million.
Kabira Country Club general manager Vismay Maniyar said the tournament will go a long way in improving the levels of fitness and standards of the game.
“This is a very important tournament as we build to grow the game through bringing together corporates and integrating people with our facilities like pitches, gyms and swimming pools.” he said.
Latest from Earth Finds
- COVID-19 Pandemic Intensifies Uganda’s Urgency To Increase Clean Renewable Energy
- Banking Sector Urged To Go Digital To Build Resilience And Sustainable Growth Post Covid-19
- Covid-19: African Energy Chamber Supports South Sudan
- A Historical Opportunity For The Transformation And Diversification Of Cemac Economies
- Why Africa Needs To Diversify For A Clean Energy Transition