Two Philippines working at a stone quarrying site in Kabaale parish, Busereuka Sub County, Hoima district, Monday night got a misunderstanding over an egg resulting into death.
Zong Gau, 50, stabbed his colleague Zhanga Zhenlun to death, police told this website. The two are employees of WUSZ Holding Uganda Limited operating in Kabaale parish.
The police say that the deceased, Zhenlun, ate an egg which belonged to Zong, the suspect. This did not go well with Zong who picked up a knife and stabbed his colleague leaving him in critical condition.
After realizing that his colleague was in critical condition, Zong rushed Zhenlun to Hoima Regional Referral Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
Officials at WUSZ Holding tipped police about the incident. Police rushed to the hospital and picked up Zong as he tried to flee.
By press time, Thursday, the body of the deceased was still lying at Hoima morgue but preparations were underway to transport it to Kampala for further examination.
Latest from Earth Finds
- South Sudan Encourages Refiners, Traders To Take Part In Upcoming Crude Tenders
- AfDB's Prof. Nyong Named Among World's 100 Most Influential People In Climate Policy
- 8 Worrying Things M7’s Tripartite Committee Discovered At Bank Of Uganda
- Bank Of Uganda In Trouble Over NSSF Unmet Remittances
- Great, South Africa Found Gas. Now What?