The Vice President of the United Republic of Tanzania Her Excellency Samia Suluhu Hassan has formally announced her support and participation in the upcoming Tanzania Oil & Gas Congress, organised by the CWC Group.
The Congress will gather senior representatives from the Tanzanian oil and gas industry including Governments, international oil companies, indigenous producers, international and national service providers, financiers and consultants.
Also joining the senior level speaker line up will be:
- Hon. Charles Mwijage, Minister of Industry, Trade & Investment, United Republic of Tanzania
- Hon. Salama Aboud Talib, Minister of Lands, Water, Energy and Environment, Zanzibar
- Hon. Irene Muloni, Minister of Energy & Minerals Development, Republic of Uganda
- Hon. January Y. Makamba, Minister of State – Vice President’s Office, Union and Environment, United Republic of Tanzania
- Omar Mithá, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, ENH Mozambique
- Guy Maurice, Senior Vice President, Africa, Total E&P
With a variety of issues facing the energy sector in Tanzania, the Tanzania Oil & Gas Congress is well placed to bring together existing industry players and international investors to discuss the following key topics:
- Government short-medium term plans and priorities for the energy sector
- Increasing Government and industry collaboration to drive the industry forward
- Business opportunities available with the Uganda-Tanzania Crude Oil Pipeline
- What plans are in place to implement the Gas Masterplan?
- Reviewing regional partnerships within Mozambique, Zanzibar, Uganda and Kenya
The Congress will also provide the opportunity to discuss open and honestly business opportunities in the Tanzanian energy market, in the form of Round Tables under Chatham House Rule.