By George Busiinge
The Bunyoro Royal Commission will manage Bunyoro Kitara Kingdom affairs for one month while the Omukama is away for medical leave in Munich, Germany.
According to a letter dated 15th September 2017, Omukama Dr Solomon Iguru Gafabusa has directed the commission to provide an oversight function on all matters related to the Kingdom.
The Omukama has asked the commission to work in consultation with the Prime Minister and professor Kiiza of Makerere University in regard to the establishment of Bunyoro University, the commission will also meet Buhaguzi Elders and Leaders Forum on the creation of Kikube district.
The King has also noted that while he is away, there shall be no appointment, transfer of dismissal of any kingdom official adding that there shall be no borrowing or use of kingdom funds, lease/sale/survey of Kingdom land and singing of contracts with any third party without express authorization of the commission chaired by Dr. Fred Kabagambe Kaliisa.
Dr. Kabagambe Kaliisa has confirmed receipt of the Omukama’s orders.
Latest from Earth Finds
- Welders, Electricians Graduate To Work In Oil Industry
- CNOOC Launches Welders Certification Program
- Equatorial Guinea Orders Cancellation Of CHC Helicopters Contracts
- GE Power Releases Whitepaper On Digitization of Energy Transmission & Distribution in Africa
- Police Launches Crackdown On Reckless Boat Users On Lake Albert