By George Busiinge
Residents of Kabwoya Sub County in Hoima district are demanding over Sh2bn in compensation from Uganda National Roads Authority-UNRA and Collins Construction Company for lost property during the Kaiso- Tonya road works.
The affected residents are drawn from Kyenjojo, Hohwa, Kaseta, Nyanseke Kataaba and Kabaale villages, all in Kabwoya Sub County. The road passes through the village of Kabaale, in Buseruka County, the location of the Uganda Oil Refinery.
The petition of the residents came up yesterday before Justice Albert Rugadya Atwooki and was adjourned to February 15th 2018. Alpha Opio, the LC V councilor Kabwoya Sub County, says during the road works in 2013 the contractors blasted rocks, which damaged resident's property.
According to Opio, residents opted to go to court when after trying to engage the office of the Resident District Commissioner on the matter without success.
Robert Irumba, the lawyer of the project affected persons, says they are seeking over Shs2bn. On Friday this week, Justice Albert Rugadya Atwooki, the Masindi Resident Judge will visit the affected area on a fact finding mission
Latest from Earth Finds
- CNOOC Bunyoro Amasaza Cup Kicks Off
- East Africa’s Huge Potential Continues To Excite Energy Experts
- Germany Backs Renewable Energy Projects In Africa With New Facility
- GE's Hardware And Digital Upgrades Help Increase Efficiency At Azito Power Plant In Ivory Coast
- King Mohammed VI of Morocco Lends Hand To Gas Summit