The Senior Presidential Advisor on Oil and Gas, Dr. Fred Kabagambe Kaliisa while addressing stakeholders during a half day workshop on Oil and Gas at Mika Echo Resort Hotel recently called on people in Bunyoro region to form coalition that will enable them to get deals and jobs in the oil and gas sector.
The half day workshop organized under the Tilenga Project, the Flour and Ponticelli National Suppliers workshop was aimed at preparing locals for the opportunities at different levels in the oil sector.
Dr. Kaliisa who is the former Permanent Secretary for the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development, stressed that the only way to escape the challenge of being below the required standard line and inability to supply the required quantity in the sector, the locals need to unite and work towards improving their produce.
He says the question of standards is inevitable since it encompasses health and safety of human beings.
The worry that local suppliers might be sidelined as claimed to have happened during the exploration phase was among the key issues raised by the determined local suppliers.
Latest from Earth Finds
- National Energy Services Reunited Signs Agreement With Saudi Aramco
- Audit Firm PwC Summoned To Explain Crane Bank Books
- Crane Bank Needed Shs157bn To Get Back Up But BoU Spent Shs478b To Destroy It
- Report: Aid Agencies Must Act To Save Millions Spent On Inefficient Fossil Fuels
- Oil companies, Govt Tell Farmers To Prepare For Emerging Opportunities