The Senior Presidential Advisor on Oil and Gas, Dr. Fred Kabagambe Kaliisa while addressing stakeholders during a half day workshop on Oil and Gas at Mika Echo Resort Hotel recently called on people in Bunyoro region to form coalition that will enable them to get deals and jobs in the oil and gas sector.
The half day workshop organized under the Tilenga Project, the Flour and Ponticelli National Suppliers workshop was aimed at preparing locals for the opportunities at different levels in the oil sector.
Dr. Kaliisa who is the former Permanent Secretary for the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development, stressed that the only way to escape the challenge of being below the required standard line and inability to supply the required quantity in the sector, the locals need to unite and work towards improving their produce.
He says the question of standards is inevitable since it encompasses health and safety of human beings.
The worry that local suppliers might be sidelined as claimed to have happened during the exploration phase was among the key issues raised by the determined local suppliers.
Latest from Earth Finds
- Pastoralists, Cultivators Ordered To Vacate Oil Refinery Land
- Uganda Chamber Of Mines And Petroleum Set For 4th Oil & Gas Convention
- Let Industrialists Adopt Renewable Energy Options To Save Our Environments
- Siemens, Anglo American Platinum Collaborate On Skills Development In Africa
- ENGIE, Meridiam Win Two Solar Photovoltaic Projects In Senegal