The Senior Presidential Advisor on Oil and Gas, Dr. Fred Kabagambe Kaliisa while addressing stakeholders during a half day workshop on Oil and Gas at Mika Echo Resort Hotel recently called on people in Bunyoro region to form coalition that will enable them to get deals and jobs in the oil and gas sector.
The half day workshop organized under the Tilenga Project, the Flour and Ponticelli National Suppliers workshop was aimed at preparing locals for the opportunities at different levels in the oil sector.
Dr. Kaliisa who is the former Permanent Secretary for the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development, stressed that the only way to escape the challenge of being below the required standard line and inability to supply the required quantity in the sector, the locals need to unite and work towards improving their produce.
He says the question of standards is inevitable since it encompasses health and safety of human beings.
The worry that local suppliers might be sidelined as claimed to have happened during the exploration phase was among the key issues raised by the determined local suppliers.
Latest from Earth Finds
- Bunyoro Kingdom Demands For Shares In National Oil Company
- Vivo Energy, Britam Partner To Launch Insurance Promotion
- Ghana Summit To Address Electricity, Oil And Gas Potential In West Africa
- ENGIE To Build 8 Hybrid Solar Power Plants In Gabon
- Death Of PAPs, Land Wrangles Affect Tarmacking Of Kabwooya – Kyenjojo Road