By George Busiinge
Hoima municipality has nabbed the first spot, followed by Fort Portal, in ratings of which municipality is most efficient in project performance of the Uganda Support to Municipal Infrastructure Development (USMID) project phase two.
The USMID project is aimed at expanding urban infrastructure, and enhance the capacity of the 14 municipal local governments to generate own source revenues, improve urban planning, and strengthen financial management, procurement, environmental and social systems
On Wednesda morning, World Bank officials and other stakeholders inspected the ongoing road works in Hoima town and found the work on ground progressing so well.
Addressing the media at Kijungu Hill hotel in Hoima town after the inspection, the Municipal Infrastructure Development Specialist in Uganda Emanuel Ojuka says road works in Hoima will be completed on time.
Abu-Baker engineering company was contracted to work on at least five roads in the second phase. These include; Wright Road, Kwebiha Road, Republic road, Bunyoro Kitara road and Bujumbura road.
Latest from Earth Finds
- PHOTOS: Sanyu Babies’ Home Gets Victoria University Support
- CNOOC Uganda Rewards 90 Best Performing Students In Hoima
- Firm Calls For Sustainable Infrastructure To Waste Management In Africa
- ICT Investment And Partnership Key To Fuelling Africa's Digital Growth.
- Aim To Be The Best, Senior Six Leavers Advised