By George Busiinge
Hoima municipality has nabbed the first spot, followed by Fort Portal, in ratings of which municipality is most efficient in project performance of the Uganda Support to Municipal Infrastructure Development (USMID) project phase two.
The USMID project is aimed at expanding urban infrastructure, and enhance the capacity of the 14 municipal local governments to generate own source revenues, improve urban planning, and strengthen financial management, procurement, environmental and social systems
On Wednesda morning, World Bank officials and other stakeholders inspected the ongoing road works in Hoima town and found the work on ground progressing so well.
Addressing the media at Kijungu Hill hotel in Hoima town after the inspection, the Municipal Infrastructure Development Specialist in Uganda Emanuel Ojuka says road works in Hoima will be completed on time.
Abu-Baker engineering company was contracted to work on at least five roads in the second phase. These include; Wright Road, Kwebiha Road, Republic road, Bunyoro Kitara road and Bujumbura road.
Latest from Earth Finds
- Deep Petroleum Industry Reforms Set Angola On Path To Growth In 2019
- Innovation Paves Way For Next Stage Of Global Energy Transformation
- Court Adjourns Hearing Of Sudhir, Sebalu And Lule Case
- Citizen Wants Museveni To Sack Incompetent Mutebile, Kasekende, Kasaija
- COSASE Left These Bank Of Uganda Officials Exposed