By George Busiinge
The Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA) has issued a one week ultimatum to the director Smart Oil Fuel Station along Hoima-Kampala road in Mparo division, Dr Scholar Bwari to have demolished the illegal structure established in the road reserve.
The order was issued by Julius Ahuura, the Hoima UNRA station engineer during a crisis meeting held in his office with the local leaders to discuss the management of roads.
This followed a protest by residents in Kihemba cell, Mparo division in Hoima Municipality who attacked UNRA officials and blocked them from demolishing the illegal structure.
Speaking during the meeting, Ahuura says the building including the billboard and Canopy were extended three kilometers in the road reserve.
He says Dr Scholar has failed to provide the traffic management plan and design for the road access to UNRA for approval.
Ahuura has directed Dr Scholar to rectify the problem within one week or else UNRA will forcefully demolish the building.
The Mparo division boss Solomon Nyakonjo has challenged Dr Scholar to follow guidelines to ensure co-existence.
Latest from Earth Finds
- Deep Petroleum Industry Reforms Set Angola On Path To Growth In 2019
- Innovation Paves Way For Next Stage Of Global Energy Transformation
- Court Adjourns Hearing Of Sudhir, Sebalu And Lule Case
- Citizen Wants Museveni To Sack Incompetent Mutebile, Kasekende, Kasaija
- COSASE Left These Bank Of Uganda Officials Exposed