By Busiinge George
Peter Talemwa, 16, of Lusaka Middle Kahoora division, Hoima municipality, in Hoima district was Friday killed while catching grasshoppers when he got in contact with naked electricity wires that electrocuted him to death.
Talemwa left home at 11PM in company of his young brother to go and catch the delicious insects without the company and guide of an adult. And when he was electrocuted, his little brother couldn’t help him but rather went and called an adult for help.
Residents told police that Umeme didn’t respond in time when electricity company was informed of the incident. It took the intervention of police for Umeme to switch off electricity. Talemwa’s body was late taken to the municipality mortuary.
Julius Tomanya, the leader of grasshopper traders said many children are chased from the practice but sneak back. Parents.
The chairperson of Lusaka middle zone, Man Swalleh, said condmned Umeme forbeing negligent. He asked parents to be responsible and keep their kids away. Last year, another child in Kiryateete village was killed in a similar manner.
Latest from Earth Finds
- Deep Petroleum Industry Reforms Set Angola On Path To Growth In 2019
- Innovation Paves Way For Next Stage Of Global Energy Transformation
- Court Adjourns Hearing Of Sudhir, Sebalu And Lule Case
- Citizen Wants Museveni To Sack Incompetent Mutebile, Kasekende, Kasaija
- COSASE Left These Bank Of Uganda Officials Exposed