The Minister of Energy and Mineral Development, Irene Muloni, has the 26th Africa Oil Week (AOW) 2019 that has been sitting in the South African city of Cape Town that Uganda has vast potential for renewable energy sources from the various water bodies in the Country.
Muloni who revealed that 90% of Uganda’s energy mix is from renewable sources was discussing national hydrocarbon strategies along with other energy ministers from Ghana, Mali, Cote d’Ivoire, the Democratic Republic of Congo and Rwanda.
Uganda’s strategy, she said, is to optimize the investment benefits from the petroleum sector in order to develop durable sustainable infrastructure and acquire technology that will facilitate investment in renewable sources of energy among others.
The Africa Oil Week brings together a wide network of global oil and gas operators, contractors and Governments in Africa. Twenty-five (25) ministers and close to 1500 delegates from over two hundred and fifty (250) countries were in attendance.
Latest from Earth Finds
- Total Unveils New Excellium Nationwide Campaign
- Huawei Releases New White Paper On The Future Of Fixed-Wireless Access
- Munyonyo Commonwealth Resort Unveils Festive Season Accommodation Deals
- Uganda Promotes Oil And Gas Projects At Africa Oil Week 2019
- AfDB's Sustainable Energy Fund For Africa Converts To Concessional Finance Facility