The launch of the Tilenga Development Project and the East African Crude Oil Pipeline (EACOP) project, which was planned to take place on 22nd March, 2021, has been deferred to April 2021.
This has been caused by the very sad and untimely demise of Dr. John Pombe Magufuli, the former President of the United Republic of Tanzania.
President Magufuli’s astute leadership set a strong foundation for the EACOP project, with key milestones that included the signing of the Inter-Governmental Agreement (IGA) in 2017, and the initialling of the Tanzania Host Government Agreement (HGA) in 2020.
The Petroleum Authority of Uganda joins the people of the United Republic of Tanzania in this period of national mourning.
Latest from Earth Finds
- Waste Dumping Threatens Lake Victoria
- Free Connection Alone Won’t Increase Electricity Access; Off Grid Solar Offers Better Option
- Invest In Clean Renewable Energy To Fight Climate Change
- Electricity & Debt: Does Government Have An Escape Route?
- Ministry Of Energy Should Amend The Electricity Act 1999 To Curb Power Theft