Residents affected by the oil roads projects in Kiziranfumbi sub-county have been advised to be vigilante from conmen. Juma Ibrahim, the sub-county LC3 chairman observes that some groups of people claiming to be agents from different financial intuitions are flocking area collecting money from residents telling them to open accounts through which they will access compensation funds from.
Ibrahim explains that some so called agents are coming without clearer identifications from their institutions nor do they educate the public on the documents they are filling.
Ibrahim yesterday chased away a group of bank officials who were registering residents in Kidoma, Kyakatemba and Kinywambeho who were soliciting sh25000 from every individual to open an account.
He said the officials had no identifications from their financial institution nor did they poses any introduction letter to such an activity in the area. Ibrahim cautions residents against entrusting their finances to certain individuals before they consult their local leaders.
Government is implementing a number of road projects in the area like Kiziranfumbi-kabaale road among others.
Latest from Earth Finds
- Pastoralists, Cultivators Ordered To Vacate Oil Refinery Land
- Uganda Chamber Of Mines And Petroleum Set For 4th Oil & Gas Convention
- Let Industrialists Adopt Renewable Energy Options To Save Our Environments
- Siemens, Anglo American Platinum Collaborate On Skills Development In Africa
- ENGIE, Meridiam Win Two Solar Photovoltaic Projects In Senegal