Parents and children who will attend the upcoming Green Xmas Festival will return home with free fruit tree seedlings, environmentalist Joseph Masembe, also the CEO of Uganda’s Little Hands Go Green, the NGO organizing the kids festival, said in an interview.
The festival which is organized annually will take place on Sunday, 17th December at Kololo Airstrip. The aim of the fun filled festival is to encourage children to plant trees at an early age. Masembe believes that children need to be introduced to the idea of conserving the environment at an early age.
“We will give each child a fruit tree seedling on that day. We have to teach our children to care for the environment. There is going to be a lot of entertainment.” Masembe explained.
Uganda’s Little Hands Go Green is partnering with other stakeholders in this cause. It has partnered with NEMA, Riham, Milkman, Uganda Police, Sadolin, Capital FM and NBS Television.
Latest from Earth Finds
- National Energy Services Reunited Signs Agreement With Saudi Aramco
- Audit Firm PwC Summoned To Explain Crane Bank Books
- Crane Bank Needed Shs157bn To Get Back Up But BoU Spent Shs478b To Destroy It
- Report: Aid Agencies Must Act To Save Millions Spent On Inefficient Fossil Fuels
- Oil companies, Govt Tell Farmers To Prepare For Emerging Opportunities