This year’s environment day celebrations have picked momentum in Ibanda district, Western Uganda. This year's World Environment Day theme is "Connect with Nature". Environment concerns are getting global attention with a motive to protect Mother Nature.
State Minister for Environment Hon Kitutu Kimono, the Executive Director (ED) of National Environment Management Authority (NEMA), the Woman Member of Parliament (MP) for Ibanda Hon Jovin Kaliisa and the CEO Little Hands Go Green Joseph Masembe flagged off the World Environment Day Celebration Caravan at the NEMA offices in Kampala.
The team that set off on Thursday, including school children, planted trees in different areas on their way to Ibanda as part of the drive to create climate change awareness. The team has planted trees in Mpigi, and Buwama and Nkozi enroute to Ibanda. Various schools have joined the noble cause.
Below in pictures we bring you highlights some from different activities being undertaken by stakeholders ahead of environment day celebrations on 5th June.
Latest from Earth Finds
- Bank, Telecom Firm Launch Straight2Bank Wallet Collections Service
- Huawei To Build One of Five Major World Clouds
- Huawei Cloud Releases Six Innovative Solutions At Huawei Connect
- Equatorial Guinea, Burkina Faso Tie Up Liquefied Natural Gas Agreement
- Experts Considering Natural Gas Role In South Africa's Energy Mix