Buliisa Football Mini League Kicks Off
- Written by Earthfinds
- Published in Entertainment
- 0 comments
By George Busiinge
The Buliisa football mini-league facilitated by TotalEnergies kicked off on Sunday in Buliisa district. Sixteen men’s football teams and six women’s football teams from different sub-counties in Buliisa are taking part.
While flagging off Total-Buliisa mini football league in the presence of key Buliisa district local leaders, the District Education Officer Godfrey Muhumuza appreciated the oil company for their kindness.
Damien Balossier from TotalEnergies said: "We organize the league to promote sportsmanship, talent search & development in the Company's areas of operation. This aligns with the company's commitment to youth inclusion & engagement with host communities.”
Caroline Namyalo, the Corporate Social Responsibility Manager at TotalEnergies the mini football league was introduced in 2014. It was hoped that it would increase interaction between the company and local people.
It was hoped that it would promote unity and healthy living among the young people.
The matches will be held at four different school playgrounds in Buliisa. These will include Uganda Martyrs, Avogera, Biiso, and Booma.
TotalEnergies also facilitated the refurbishment of these playing grounds.
Latest from Earthfinds
- EAC Partner States Must Do More To Achieve The Malabo Commitments
- When KCB Bank without consent illegally opened fake accounts in Tirupati's name
- Women Unite To Claim Their Seat In Energy Sector
- Court Orders KCB To Avail Key Documents In Case Filed By Tirupati
- Former Eskom Workers Demand For Salary Upgrade Before Joining UEGCL