Ruparelia Group, the conglomerate with presence in almost all aspects of the economy, is considering venturing into the television business in an attempt to expand their media investment in the country.
The Group already owns 88.2 Sanyu FM, the country’s oldest FM radio station, which it purchased from its original proprietor John Kato. Kato started the urban radio station in 1993. It first went on air on 18th December 1993.
Rajiv Ruparelia, the Managing Director of the Ruparelia Group, speaking at the finale of the Sanyu FM Hot Mic Search competition, revealed that the company is toying with the idea of starting a television station.
“We are going to change the (media) scene; we are going to be innovative and we are going to make sure we get the biggest following,” Rajiv said, adding: “And eventually if things go well, Ruparelia Group might enter the TV space and other media spaces,” Rajiv hinted on their possible plans.
Ethan Kavuma aka Eth Lawinsky emerged as the winner of the Sanyu FM’s Hot Mic Search competition. He won a cash prize of Shs3m and a 3-year job contract at Sanyu FM.
Ethan, together with the first and second runners up - Philo Mena and Timothy Code respectively -, Rajiv said will get jobs to work at Sanyu FM as on-air presenters.
Rajiv noted that Uganda is full of talented youth, explaining that the new presenters who are talented will come in hot and relevant to the youth of today and their challenges.
- Bank Of Uganda Injured My Reputation As A Businessman, They Must Pay - Ruparelia Vows
- Speke Resort Munyonyo, Nigerian Singer Ruger Ink Hospitality Partner Gig
- Ethan Kavuma Wins Sanyu FM Hot Mic Talent Search
- Cautious Sudhir Closes Down Hotels As COVID19 Bites Tourism Sector
- Cannabis Business To Create Jobs, Bring In Foreign Currency- Says Premier Hemp Boss
Latest from Eve Mbasabye
- Unexciting Excitement Surrounds Museveni Gold Reveal
- VALENTINE’S DAY: Nigeria’s Triky Tee To Sing For Lovers At Kabira Country Club
- Kampala Parents School To Conduct NIN & Birth Certificate Registration
- Have A Health Swim At Forest Cottages With These Discounted New Year Swimming Membership Rates
- Meera Investments Starts Construction Of Paradise Island Resort