Uganda Chamber of Mines & Petroleum (UCMP) has announced that Humphrey Asiimwe has taken over from Cathy Niwamanya Wabomba as Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Patrick Mweheire, the Chairperson of UCMP Governing Council, in a notice said Asiimwe comes with a 'wealth of experience, skills, and professional relationships spanning 20 years of working experience including in the oil and gas industry as a contractor in the logistics sector.'
"We are excited to have Humphrey on board and look forward to the positive impact he will have on our organization in this critical phase of the oil and gas sector post the FID (Final Investment Decision)," Mweheire said.
Asiimwe holds a Bachelors of Science in geology and a Masters in Management.
Wambomba, who has been CEO for four years, brings to an end her over 13 years of working with the Chamber in different capacities.
Latest from Earthfinds
- TotalEnergies Ink Partnership Deal With Light For The World
- Africa Climate Summit: Will This Foster A Just Energy Transition In Africa?
- Address Agricultural Sector Challenges To Benefit Ugandan Farmers
- Tilenga project reaches new milestone with 20 million man-hours
- Govt Threatens To Evict Residents Near Karuma Dam