Bank Rewards Schools With Best Ideas In Climate Innovation Challenge
- Written by Baz Waiswa
- Published in Environment
- 0 comments
Mengo SS won the inaugural Standard Chartered Bank Uganda 2022 Climate Change Innovation Challenge beating four other schools that made the top five.
The bank in partnership with ECOTRUST rewarded the schools at an event which took place at Gayaza High School.
Each of the five schools that finished in the top five each won a prize of $1,000 (Shs3, 741, 000).
Six other schools – Uganda Martyr’s H.S Lubaga, Kololo SS, Ndejje SSS, Bishop Cypriano Kihangire, Nabisunsa Girl’s School and Mbogo College – which didn’t make the top five each received a certificate for their participation and UGX 400,000 as seed capital.
The Climate Change Innovation Challenge is one of the Bank’s environmental conservation initiatives. It was launched on 21st June 2022 at Old Kampala SS with thirty secondary schools in the Kampala Metropolitan Area participating.
The participating schools were tasked to use their critical-thinking and research skills to come up with innovative solutions to environmental issues affecting their communities. The shortlisted school teams were then invited to the pitching event and were each given 10 minutes to present their action plans infront of a panel of judges.
The judges looked out for clarity, implementation framework, scalability of the presented environmental conservation projects, impact of the intervention, budgets, writing quality, presentation skills, originality, teamwork and responses to the judges’ questions.
- What Water Ministry Needs To Do To Reap From Water Week Commemoration
- Lack of climate adaptation investment could cost emerging markets hundreds of billions by 2030
- Africa To Foster Renewable Energy Amidst Climate Change Impacts
- Regional Coalition Launched To Push Green Economy Agenda
- Three Steps For Africa To Combat Climate Change
Latest from Baz Waiswa
- Here Is Why Museveni is Buoyant About Nuclear Power Project
- Nankabirwa Re-opens Mining Portal
- How New Life Schools Buwaidha Is Planning To Uplift Education In Buyende District
- Petroleum Institute Gets Museveni’s Backing To Reach Full Potential
- SMEs Have A Critical Role In Creating Jobs & Incomes - Miraj Barot